What is Cryptoadz?
- CrypToadz is a collection of 6,969 amphibious NFT creatures inspired by the rich history of the NFT space.
- The collection was minted by iconic NFT creator, Gremplin.
- CrypToadz saw 12,000 ETH traded in 10 days and has continued to grow in popularity since.
- The project has had limited edition drops such as the Christmas-themed collection, MistleToadz.
- The project supports environmental causes and has donated hundreds of ETH to the Rainforest Foundation.
CrypToadz is an NFT collection of 6,969 unique toad-themed PFPs on the Ethereum blockchain. Each NFT within the collection portrays a pixelated, amphibious creature with a series of distinctive characteristics, including various backgrounds, clothing, accessories, names and more.
What makes Cryptoadz NFTs unique?
Veterans of the NFT world value the subtle references CrypToadz makes to the history of NFTs. In an interview with Defiant, James Wyper, a friend of Gremplin, said, “There are so many inside references and Easter eggs in the Toadz designs.” He added that those features made Gremplin “the visual historian of the space.”
Examples of Gremplin’s nods to prominent NFT collections include the usage of trademark square glasses that are common in NFT art. Some CrypToadz also smoke a cigarette as a reference to Punk #961. Gremplin’s ability to draw the CryptoPunk community to his work adds to the collection’s appeal.
Cryptoadz & CC0
Specifically stated on the project’s website, “Gremplin has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to CrypToadz.” This means any CrypToadz can be used by anyone in the world as long as the art is used in a manner consistent with the CC0 license.